Our client requires a highly experienced Medical Doctor with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in both the Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry to take on the role of Head of Medical Affairs. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and executing cutting-edge medical and scientific strategies that align with the company’s objectives, while overseeing all medical and scientific activities within the organization to ensure compliance with ethical and medico-legal requirements. This is a high-level position that demands a confident, assertive individual with a clear vision for managing all aspects of Medical Affairs.
- Develop, control, and shape strategies for assigned therapeutic areas with confidence.
- Provide ethical, scientifically correct, and balanced information to stakeholders, ensuring its proper dissemination. Additionally, you must provide cross-functional support to relevant business units and take decisive actions to build, support, and maintain the Company’s brand.
- Drive and shape the strategy and policy of the organisation with relevant stakeholders within South Africa
- Manage the Medical Affairs Team to drive the passion and commitment required to fulfill the function’s objectives.
- Medical Affairs Team Leadership: Lead a team of Scientific Advisors, Medical Advisors and Nurses
- Manage Reactive Medical Affairs by addressing medical queries professionally and on time.
- Managing Proactive Medical Affairs by providing the right information to the right people at the right time.
- Medico-Marketing function; Ensure the financial success and longevity of a company; it is essential that the medical affairs team make concrete contributions in the short, medium, and long term. Medico-Marketing must provide assertive feedback on how effectively it meets business needs and delivers quality service in priority areas.
- Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance: Oversee and Manage the monitoring and reporting of adverse events and safety data related to the company’s products. Ensure compliance with safety regulations and protocols.
- Medical Financial Management: Manage the budget allocated to the medical affairs department, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to meet departmental goals.
- Manage engagement with external stakeholders relating to Medical Intelligence to understand current clinical practices, obtain medical guidance and maintain up-to-date knowledge in respective therapy areas, in order to provide valuable insights and medical support to the business
Take charge of our client’s Medical Affairs, throughout South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. If you have the confidence to lead, send us your CV using the link below.