HR Business Partner – SSA
Our client knows that happy employees lead to increased productivity and better results. They are looking for a highly skilled HRBP professional to ensure implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives for the Sub-Saharan Africa business and translate business requirements into effective HR practices in alignment with objectives.
Objectives of this Role:
To shape the people strategy cutting across all HR systems/policies pertaining to the employee lifecycle – and ensure smooth implementation.
To drive the employee relations strategy in partnership with the Business to develop and support the execution, to enable a peaceful & healthy atmosphere, productive workplace and promote a culture of mutual trust.
You will be accountable for all HR issues in the function and support with HR reporting to drive business insights
The ideal candidate will have experience with:.
- Developing and driving the and focus areas and providing inputs related to people/processes that align with the future business needs for the region
- Driving execution of HR processes to ensure continuous identification and development of key talent
- Designing and reviewing the workforce plan for the talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Providing coaching and leadership to nurture the internal team as well as the functional leaders in order to build a high performance environment
- Developing and overseeing an ER + IR strategy & framework through consultations with business and other HR sub-functions to maintain harmonious industrial relations
- Overseeing adherence to all statutory compliances across organisation by monitoring of CMT and driving audits to mitigate business risk arising from non-compliance
Daily and Weekly Responsibilities:
- Identifying function and region specific HR needs and preparing a “one size fits all” strategy
- Multiple Stake Holder Management across locations – delegate responsibilities
- Dealing with regulatory norms, laws and statutes in a dynamic manner
- Dependency on external help (legal experts, consultants)
Unforeseen conflicts with unions, government bodies – discussions, negotiations, liaison
- Key Interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Implementation plan for key HR initiatives
- New initiatives related to employee life cycle
- Manpower Planning and Budgets
- Major/severe disciplinary actions to be taken in employee issues and dismissals of employees
Skills & Knowledge:
- Business Acumen
- Stakeholder/ relationship management
- Analysis & diagnostic investigation
- Delivery oriented
- Customer focused
- Credibility & presence
- Challenger spirit & Curiosity
- Drive & enthusiasm
- Values, ethics, integrity
- Attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness
- Collaborative Agility
Educational qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Industrial Relations + Human Resources
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a business partner role covering all processes of HR