Medical Science Liaison
The position of Medical Science Liaison – Oncology is currently available. If you have an excellent scientific background and have strong communication skills. If you are highly motivated with demonstrable success in Pharmaceutical industry in the MSL role and you are skilled at working in an autonomous environment. This could be the role for you!
You will be responsible for providing medical and clinical expertise in Oncology therapeutic area and building company scientific leadership. MSL focuses on the development of professional relationships with Key External Experts (KEEs), building deep scientific understanding of company compounds by engaging KEEs in clinical research, ESRs, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings. In addition, the MSL will input into Brand Strategy and Life Cycle Management (LCM) and implementation of medical activities aligned with brand strategy. Further accountabilities include delivery of medical education and clinical support to Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and training of sales teams.
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (KEEs)
90-100% of time in field engaging HCPs and external stakeholders across territory and brands.
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico-marketing activities.
- Develop and implement Key External Expert (KEE) engagement plan in collaboration with TA lead.
- Develop KEE database, provide recommendations for advisory board participation & potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Develop own scientific knowledge and share emerging data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way.
- Communicate results of studies completed to HCPs by translating their clinical value and ensure proper incorporation into business strategies.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved company products or unapproved uses of approved products by presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner.
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease areas
- Interact in the field with KEEs on clinical trials, ESRs and discuss potential involvement in ESR and RWEs.
- Take an active role during the implementation of clinical research activities, selection of investigators and maintain relations with them, coordinated by the TA lead / Medical Manager, within the framework of clinical study plans (Investigator meetings, initiation visits and protocol training).
- Coordinate the submission to journals of clinical research results to be published as posters, abstracts, full text or manuscripts and the review of the results by the global review board.
Establish company as a scientific leader through proactive, updated and effective medical input
- Provide comapany internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitive intelligence.
- Provide medical input for development of brand plans
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Develop and implement pre-launch medical plan & activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch to address key clinical and scientific challenges.
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications, CMEs to meet identified needs.
- As the local Training lead to contribute to creation/implementation/evaluation of
- Annual training plan, priorities for general group and individual programs
- Specific set of programs per job (in collaboration with Sales Training team)
- Orientation program for new hires
- Training program support materials (to conduct & communicate, to monitor & evaluate attendee satisfaction and effectiveness of training programs
- Maintains and updates individual training files
Governance and ensuring overall adherence to processes and regulation [include but not limited to patient safety, clinical trials, promotional activities]
- Ensure compliance with company code of conduct, Corporate Governance, Audit requirement, guidelines, codes, policies and procedures.
- Provide medical input to the creation, development and agreement of promotional material and ensure all material is in line with internal SOPs.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained (i.e. intellectual property, product, strategy and salary information).
- Disclose potential breach of codes or conducts.
- Plan actions to be taken regarding drug safety notices and quality issues raised by the local headquarters or company global, prepare communication documents and follow up & document related training’s.
- Convey feedback obtained from physicians regarding drug safety to Drug Safety Manager and conduct necessary follow-up.
Continuously demonstrates development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) and personal skills
Actively participates in company training’s, projects and meetings depending on development needs.
- Shows positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from line manager.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on priorities for development as agreed with line manager.
- Develops behaviors and skills leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in competency definitions.
- Proactively demonstrates the company Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science.
- 2 Years relevant experience
- Experience in relationship and stakeholder management. Project management experience.
- Very good command of English.
- Masters Level or PHD qualification
- Understanding of multiple aspects of Medical Affairs.
- Knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments